In Venio Version 8, Social Media backups can now be loaded for review. Through the Venio On Demand Interface, users can select the Social Media Platform and then drag and drop the backup to be loaded.
There are some General Setting considerations that you may want to talk to our team about that control how the conversations are grouped together. Please let us know if you want a different setting – the default is “Number of Messages” and 500 messages will be grouped into an Email type message.
In this Blog, we are going to focus on Facebook.
Backing Up your Facebook Account
The steps below will walk you through the process of exporting the Facebook Messenger JSON data from Facebook. These steps may change from time-to-time, but this should at least get you started.
- Login to the Facebook account.
- Go to Settings and Privacy > Settings > Your Facebook information.
- Click download your information.
- On the Request Copy tab, select the Date Range, Format and Media Quality. Note: The format selected should be JSON.
- In the Your Information section, select the Messages checkbox only.
- Click the Create File button.
- The download request will be sent to Facebook.
- Check the Available copies tab.
- After Facebook sends the Your Facebook information file is ready to download notification, click the notification and then the Download button.
- The download archive is what you will upload to VenioOne.
Loading your Facebook Data
In the Venio On Demand Interface, you would select your case:
Then select to Upload Data:
Click on the Facebook Icon in the Social Media Tile:
This will then bring up the Upload Dialog Screen where you will drag and drop the Facebook Backup File:
Once you Drag and Drop or Browse and Select it, you will see:
Now you can Assign a Custodian name and then select the Upload and Process Button.
Once you click the button, it will upload and process the data. You will receive email notifications as it completes the processing.
Looking at Your Facebook Data
Once you have received the email indicating that processing has completed successfully, you can now go and login, and look at the results.
The quickest way is to Filter your results to just the custodian / media that you loaded. Select the “Facebook” entry and then select the Near Native Viewer:
Now you can navigate through the conversation.
To see the Meta Data for the conversation, by click in the Info button located at the left of the Near Native Viewer:
You can use the Filter Option located at the left of the Near Native Viewer to focus on a specific participant or date range:
Attachments to the posts show up as Children to the Facebook messages and are referenced in the Conversation so that you can download them and view them in context of the conversation:
Would you like to learn more about our services? Email [email protected] or call 289-803-9730. We would be happy to share more details about our self-service or fully managed eDiscovery services!